Best Places to Catch the Sunset in SWFL
I have lived in Florida my entire life, and to be honest I use to take it totally for granted. However as I have gotten older I have began to appreciate all that Florida has to offer. One of my all time favorite things to do is to run down to the beach and catch the sunset. I am going to take you through the best places to catch a sunset in SWFL.
Depending on the time of the year you are going to get a different sunset each time in south west Florida, but they are still SO consistently beautiful. Watching the sunset is so relaxing, the weather is beautiful, the views are stunning, and I always walk away with a giant smile on my face making me extremely grateful that I am able to quickly run down to the beach after work to watch something so amazing.
So where are the best spots to watch in SWFL?
- Docs Beach House- They are in the center of Bonita Beach and have a great outdoor seating selection. I have been going here for years and every time is just as good as the last. Our favorite routine is to park in the beach access to the left of Doc’s and walk over to their outdoor bar. This is a cash only bar, but you can grab a few beers, or a pop and then head down to the sand to catch the rays as they make their way down. As soon as the sun makes it’s way to the horizon all the seasonal people clap and cheer with joy! Its great.
- PRO TIP: bring your own blanket/towel & don’t forget the coozies! Pick a spot closest to the water so you can get great photos without people obstructing your view.
- Barefoot Beach Club- This is for the ones that want to be a little more secluded, a true hidden gem. You’ll have to bring your own cooler filed with goodies, and maybe some chairs. The sand is a little more “shelly” here. This will cost you $8.
- PRO TIP: if you feel like you are driving through a gated community that never stops and is filled with gorgeous mansions …. you ARE going in the right place. Just keep on driving till you hit a second guard house and then you will be at the beach!
- Bowditch Point– for some reason this beach is extremely wide, making it totally fun to bring some beach goodies. The textured rocks are fun to go play on, and you always are going to see some large boats driving by, because it is the passageway for how they all get out to Fort Myers Beach. Check out more pics of this one here.
- PRO TIP: it is free to park here after 5pm!
- Vanderbilt Beach– what makes Vandy so great is that they have a parking garage! Making it extremely easy to access even on the busiest days. If you walk down the beach to left just enough you encounter the Ritz Carlton. Granted the drinks may not be cheap but if you forgot your own cocktails this makes for a great pit stop.
- PRO TIP: After watching the sunset head to the Mercato after and check out some of the fun shops and restaurants. It is right across the street!
- Naples Pier- The pier is such an experience for me. They just redid the pier to make it even bigger, and included more seating areas, and even a place to grab some ice cream!
- PRO TIP: if you get there early enough check out The Continental for the early bird sunset special. You get a filet, lobster tail, asparagus, and potatoes all for $30 a person! Plus they have these AHmazing 1920’s inspired cocktails